new install

From
Tigran
Date:
I just installed PostgreSQL on Win2K server.
using Cygwin

I'm wondering if there is a way to keep the database running with the
Cygwin window closed?????
Preferably as a Windows service.

Please help

Re: new install

From
Tigran
Date:
Thanks Roy and Jason.
I got the services installed and running.

Do you know how I can test if the database is working or not.
Sorry I'm a newbee to the database.

Thanks.

Re: new install

From
Tigran
Date:
I tried the psql -l and it reported template0, template1 and a new database
that I created.
However I tried this from CYGWIN prompt.  I'm wondering if there is a way
to test the database from NT by either running a perl  or PHP program????

your help is appreciated

At 02:17 PM 8/21/2001 -0400, Jason Tishler wrote:
>Tigran,
>
>On Mon, Aug 20, 2001 at 10:44:18AM -0700, Tigran wrote:
> > Do you know how I can test if the database is working or not.
> > Sorry I'm a newbee to the database.
>
>IMO, the best way is to run the regression test via make installcheck,
>since you want to test PostgreSQL installed as an NT service.
>Unfortunately, this requires downloading and building the source...
>
>A wimpy alternative is:
>
>     $ psql -l
>
>or
>
>     $ psql template1
>     template1=# ...
>
>Remember to add the -U postgres option, if necessary.
>
>Jason

Re: new install

From
Jason Tishler