./configure of Postgresql fails

From
Zavier Sheran
Date:
I made a fresh install of cygwin 1.3.x and tried to
install postgresql 7.1.2.

After running ./configure, I get a message saying that
the C Compiler cannot create executables (anybody
knows how to copy & paste the console output from
cygwin?).

Well, I'm new to Unix, but willing to learn hard...

Any help is greatly appreciated.

-Zavier

http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

Re: ./configure of Postgresql fails

From
"Russell Black"
Date:
Don't know anything about the compile issue, but you can copy from a console
window by dragging a region to copy with your mouse and pressing enter.

> I made a fresh install of cygwin 1.3.x and tried to
> install postgresql 7.1.2.
>
> After running ./configure, I get a message saying that
> the C Compiler cannot create executables (anybody
> knows how to copy & paste the console output from
> cygwin?).
>
> Well, I'm new to Unix, but willing to learn hard...
>
> Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
> -Zavier

> http://phonecard.yahoo.com/

RE: ./configure of Postgresql fails

From
s0lao@netscape.net (S. L.)
Date:
[...]
>Well, I'm new to Unix, but willing to learn hard...
>
>Any help is greatly appreciated.
>
>-Zavier

Here's one for your willingness :)) : a "less config.log" after the error followed by a "G" in the less screen would
tellyou more than us. I fact you could find out there what Jason already told you -- the compiler doesn't know how to
linklibcygipc.

SLao

Your favorite stores, helpful shopping tools and great gift ideas. Experience the convenience of buying online with
Shop@Netscape!http://shopnow.netscape.com/

RE: ./configure of Postgresql fails

From
s0lao@netscape.net (S. L.)