Gita Press

From
Aditya Gilra
Date:
||Shriharih||

God Remembrance to all.

I downloaded quite a bit of Cygwin postgresql included
- binaries only.
Postgresql ran fine on Win98 just out of the
packaging.
But last I'd searched on the lists, there
were messages saying it fails in the regression tests
on Win98.
Could someone kindly tell me about the latest
regression tests status on WIndows 98.

We plan to switch all our Windows work onto Linux and
first we want to get
Zope/python/postgresql running on Windows and then
switch to the same on Linux.
Some work on the payroll module is over and we plan to
deploy it on Windows
presently.
But first we want to ensure the regression tests.

Best Regards and Hari Smaran,
Aditya Gilra.
Gita Press,
P.O. Gita Press,
Gorakhpur - 273 005,
India.
Ph. - 91-551-344743
Fax - 91-551-336997
website - http://www.gitapress.org
e-mail - gitapres@ndf.vsnl.net.in

http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/

RE: Gita Press

From
"Henshall, Stuart - WCP"
Date:
Hello,
    I've tried running regression tests on Windows98SE and never managed
to get all the way through. However it doesn't appear to be any one thing
killing it and I suspect its some interaction, or some strangeness of Win98.
However I have had it working fine on NT. I would defiantly not use Windows
98 as a production server for anything as the stability just isn't there
(IMHO of course).
- Stuart

RE: Gita Press - win98 regression

From
Aditya Gilra
Date:
||Shriharih||

God-Remembrance.

Could you tell me when you ran the tests and with
which versions. I downloaded Cygwin with postgresql
binaries about a week back.

Also if I run the regression tests myself could you
estimate how long it'll take on my PIII 550Mhz,
64MB RAM - WIN98SE.

Thanks and God-remembrance,
Aditya.
--- "Henshall, Stuart - WCP"