Problems with initdb

From
Mario Valldosera
Date:
Hi all,

I have already downloaded and installed a cygwin version which included
postgresql-7.1.2

I run the command 'initdb' with my cluster path. It seems to work, but the
command never ends!
Nevertheless it creates part of the directory structure, but not all. Postmaster
command complains that directory 'my_path/global/pg_control' is missing.

I have run initdb with the debugging option and the last message I get is:
'running: postgres -boot -x1 -C -F -D /my_path -d template1'

I didn't change anything in the cygwing installation. Should I configure
something? Maybe has something to do with users?

Any idea will greatly appreciated

Cheers,
Mario Valldosera

Re: Problems with initdb

From
"Russell Black"
Date:
Mario,

You probably haven't installed cygipc.  You can get this from
http://www.neuro.gatech.edu/users/cwilson/cygutils/V1.1/cygipc/

I don't know why this doesn't come as part of cygwin.

Russell