Add some temporary code to record stack usage at server process exit.

This patch is meant to gather information from the buildfarm members, and
will be reverted in a day or so.  The idea is to try to find out the
high-water stack consumption while running the regression tests,
particularly on IA64 which is suspected to use much more stack than other
architectures.  On machines with pmap, we can use that; but the IA64 farm
members are running HPUX, so also include some bespoke code for HPUX.
(I've tested the latter on HPUX 10/HPPA; not entirely sure it will work
on HPUX 11/IA64, but we'll soon find out.)

Discussion: <CAM-w4HMwwcwaVvYcAH0_FGtG5GeXdYVRfvG81pXnSJWHnCfosQ@mail.gmail.com>

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/88cf37d2a86d5b66380003d7c3384530e3f91e40

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/storage/ipc/ipc.c | 47 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
1 file changed, 47 insertions(+)

Re: pgsql: Add some temporary code to record stack usage at server process

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On 7/8/16 12:01 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Add some temporary code to record stack usage at server process exit.

In spite of the void cast, this is still warning

ipc.c:125: ignoring return value of ‘system’, declared with attribute
warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]

> On 7/8/16 12:01 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
>> Add some temporary code to record stack usage at server process exit.

> In spite of the void cast, this is still warning

> ipc.c:125: ignoring return value of ‘system’, declared with attribute
> warn_unused_result [-Wunused-result]

Don't really care, since the whole thing will be going away again once
we've collected a full set of buildfarm results ...

            regards, tom lane