pgsql: Change postgresql.conf.sample to say that fsync=off will corrupt

From
Robert Haas
Date:
Change postgresql.conf.sample to say that fsync=off will corrupt data.

Discussion: 24748.1461764666@sss.pgh.pa.us

Per a suggestion from Craig Ringer.  This wording from Tom Lane,
following discussion.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/a31212b429cd3397fb3147b1a584ae33224454a6

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/utils/misc/postgresql.conf.sample | 4 +++-

Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org> writes:
> Change postgresql.conf.sample to say that fsync=off will corrupt data.

Why did you say "disk corruption" rather than "data corruption"?
The former is not a phrase we usually use.

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql: Change postgresql.conf.sample to say that fsync=off will corrupt

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Wed, Apr 27, 2016 at 2:17 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Robert Haas <rhaas@postgresql.org> writes:
>> Change postgresql.conf.sample to say that fsync=off will corrupt data.
>
> Why did you say "disk corruption" rather than "data corruption"?
> The former is not a phrase we usually use.

Oops.  Will go fix that now.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company