Michael Paquier

From
Andrew Dunstan
Date:
This came up today in connection with buildfarm database access. My
policy (before the server move) has been that access is granted to
committers who are also on the -security list. However, Michael is not a
committer, and has requested access.

I've actually thought for some time that there is plenty of reason to
give him a commit bit, so at Stephen's suggestion I'm raising that
question. He's done plenty of good work, including on Windows where we
still need plenty of help from time to time, and managed a commitfest or
two, so he seems quite well qualified.

cheers

andrew

Re: Michael Paquier

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
> This came up today in connection with buildfarm database access. My policy
> (before the server move) has been that access is granted to committers who
> are also on the -security list. However, Michael is not a committer, and has
> requested access.
>
> I've actually thought for some time that there is plenty of reason to give
> him a commit bit, so at Stephen's suggestion I'm raising that question. He's
> done plenty of good work, including on Windows where we still need plenty of
> help from time to time, and managed a commitfest or two, so he seems quite
> well qualified.

You have sent this email to the public list rather than the private
one which you probably intended.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: Michael Paquier

From
Andrew Dunstan

On 02/08/2016 04:47 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 8, 2016 at 4:42 PM, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>> This came up today in connection with buildfarm database access. My policy
>> (before the server move) has been that access is granted to committers who
>> are also on the -security list. However, Michael is not a committer, and has
>> requested access.
>>
>> I've actually thought for some time that there is plenty of reason to give
>> him a commit bit, so at Stephen's suggestion I'm raising that question. He's
>> done plenty of good work, including on Windows where we still need plenty of
>> help from time to time, and managed a commitfest or two, so he seems quite
>> well qualified.
> You have sent this email to the public list rather than the private
> one which you probably intended.

I know. *sigh* Multitasking again.

cheers

andrew