pgsql: pg_rewind: Don't error if the two clusters are already on the sa

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
pg_rewind: Don't error if the two clusters are already on the same timeline

This previously resulted in an error and a nonzero exit status, but
after discussion this should rather be a noop with a zero exit status.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/6b34e5563849edc12896bf5754e8fe7b88012697

Modified Files
--------------
src/bin/pg_rewind/pg_rewind.c            |   59 ++++++++++++++++--------------
src/bin/pg_rewind/t/005_same_timeline.pl |   14 +++++++

Re: pgsql: pg_rewind: Don't error if the two clusters are already on the sa

Date:
> pg_rewind: Don't error if the two clusters are already on the same timeline
> This previously resulted in an error and a nonzero exit status, but
> after discussion this should rather be a noop with a zero exit status.

Hm, if we're going to do that, shouldn't we back-patch the behavior
change into 9.5 as well?

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql: pg_rewind: Don't error if the two clusters are already on the sa

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
On Sat, Dec 12, 2015 at 9:11 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> pg_rewind: Don't error if the two clusters are already on the same timeline
>> This previously resulted in an error and a nonzero exit status, but
>> after discussion this should rather be a noop with a zero exit status.
>
> Hm, if we're going to do that, shouldn't we back-patch the behavior
> change into 9.5 as well?

+1. It would be good to get consistent across branches here.
--
Michael