pgsql: Remove regression test added on auto-pilot.

From
Robert Haas
Date:
Remove regression test added on auto-pilot.

Test does not match the comment which precedes it.

Peter Geoghegan

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/aa6b2e629cb5debc432e0dcca8ffdcb8d8e6da39

Modified Files
--------------
src/test/regress/expected/insert_conflict.out |    1 -
src/test/regress/sql/insert_conflict.sql      |    1 -
2 files changed, 2 deletions(-)

Re: pgsql: Remove regression test added on auto-pilot.

From
Andres Freund
Date:
Hi,

On 2015-07-14 20:30:41 +0000, Robert Haas wrote:
> Remove regression test added on auto-pilot.
>
> Test does not match the comment which precedes it.

Not important enough to revert, but imo it makes perfect sense to test
both the aliased and non-aliased version of a the otherwise unmodified
query.

Date:
On Wed, Jul 15, 2015 at 4:06 AM, Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> On 2015-07-14 20:30:41 +0000, Robert Haas wrote:
>> Remove regression test added on auto-pilot.
>>
>> Test does not match the comment which precedes it.
>
> Not important enough to revert, but imo it makes perfect sense to test
> both the aliased and non-aliased version of a the otherwise unmodified
> query.

Yeah, that's what I thought too, but Peter seemed to feel that it was
better not to have a regression test there that didn't match the
comment, and I figured that there were probably various test cases for
aliasing elsewhere.  So I went with it.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company