pgsql: Add WaitForLockers in lmgr, refactoring index.c code

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Add WaitForLockers in lmgr, refactoring index.c code

This is in support of a future REINDEX CONCURRENTLY feature.

Michael Paquier

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/15732b34e8c856bf94469b78ab49446430a9c203

Modified Files
--------------
src/backend/catalog/index.c      |   30 +++--------------
src/backend/commands/indexcmds.c |   30 +++--------------
src/backend/storage/lmgr/lmgr.c  |   67 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
src/include/storage/lmgr.h       |    4 +++

Re: pgsql: Add WaitForLockers in lmgr, refactoring index.c code

From
Andres Freund
Date:
Hi,

On 2013-10-01 21:00:43 +0000, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> Add WaitForLockers in lmgr, refactoring index.c code
>
> This is in support of a future REINDEX CONCURRENTLY feature.

I think this removes too many comments from index_drop that explains why
it's done that way.

Greetings,

Andres Freund

Date:
Andres Freund wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On 2013-10-01 21:00:43 +0000, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
> > Add WaitForLockers in lmgr, refactoring index.c code
> >
> > This is in support of a future REINDEX CONCURRENTLY feature.
>
> I think this removes too many comments from index_drop that explains why
> it's done that way.

Complaint registered.  If either of you can send a patch I will gladly
push it, otherwise it will take me some time to get back to it (but will
eventually).

Date:
On Wed, Oct 2, 2013 at 6:32 AM, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Andres Freund wrote:
>> I think this removes too many comments from index_drop that explains why
>> it's done that way.
>
> Complaint registered.  If either of you can send a patch I will gladly
> push it, otherwise it will take me some time to get back to it (but will
> eventually).
Indeed, it might be better to add some more comments. Attached is a
patch improving that.
Michael

Attachment