pgsql: Add file-fdw documentation example.

Date:
Add file-fdw documentation example.

Josh Berkus

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/1be6f9379287ecbbe6ab47636af7d41c7ae279ea

Modified Files
--------------
doc/src/sgml/file-fdw.sgml |   72 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Re: pgsql: Add file-fdw documentation example.

From
Andrew Dunstan

On 12/01/2011 09:34 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> Add file-fdw documentation example.
>
> Josh Berkus

This example appears to be wrong: the extension creates the FDW for you,
and doing it yourself again will result in an error.

cheers

andrew

Re: pgsql: Add file-fdw documentation example.

From
Magnus Hagander
Date:
On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 15:58, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:

> On 12/01/2011 09:34 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>
>> Add file-fdw documentation example.
>>
>> Josh Berkus
>

> This example appears to be wrong: the extension creates the FDW for you, and
> doing it yourself again will result in an error.

Yeah, that was even pointed out in my review of the original patch....

--
 Magnus Hagander
 Me: http://www.hagander.net/

Date:
On 12/1/11 7:01 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 15:58, Andrew Dunstan <andrew@dunslane.net> wrote:
>>

>> On 12/01/2011 09:34 AM, Bruce Momjian wrote:
>>>
>>> Add file-fdw documentation example.
>>>
>>> Josh Berkus
>>

>> This example appears to be wrong: the extension creates the FDW for you, and
>> doing it yourself again will result in an error.
>
> Yeah, that was even pointed out in my review of the original patch....

I'd swear I sent in a corrected patch.  Lemme look for it.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Date:
On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 18:58, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:
> On 12/1/11 7:01 AM, Magnus Hagander wrote:

>>> This example appears to be wrong: the extension creates the FDW for you, and
>>> doing it yourself again will result in an error.
>>
>> Yeah, that was even pointed out in my review of the original patch....
>
> I'd swear I sent in a corrected patch.  Lemme look for it.

Not waiting for this, I've just removed the incorrect instructions.

--

Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
> On Thu, Dec 1, 2011 at 18:58, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com> wrote:

> >> Yeah, that was even pointed out in my review of the original patch....
> >
> > I'd swear I sent in a corrected patch. ?Lemme look for it.
>
> Not waiting for this, I've just removed the incorrect instructions.

Josh told me on Friday that he would apply a fix this weekend, but at
this point he can restore the patch and fix it if he wants.

Re: pgsql: Add file-fdw documentation example.

Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:

> >> Not waiting for this, I've just removed the incorrect instructions.
> >
> > Josh told me on Friday that he would apply a fix this weekend, but at
> > this point he can restore the patch and fix it if he wants.
>
> If magnus already fixed it, I don't see why I need to fix it again ...

Oh, I thought Magnus removed the entire new section I added.

Date: