Suppress some "variable might be clobbered by longjmp" warnings.

Seen with an older gcc version.  I'm not sure these represent any real
risk factor, but still a bit scary.  Anyway we have lots of other
volatile-marked variables in this code, so a couple more won't hurt.

Branch
------
master

Details
-------
http://git.postgresql.org/pg/commitdiff/4172bd88300524efd1728c247fbc1eff3c1ca6ed

Modified Files
--------------
src/pl/plperl/Util.xs      |   37 +++++++++++++++++++------------------
src/pl/plpython/plpython.c |    6 +++---

Re: pgsql: Suppress some "variable might be clobbered by longjmp" warnings.

Tom Lane wrote:
> Suppress some "variable might be clobbered by longjmp" warnings.
>
> Seen with an older gcc version.  I'm not sure these represent any real
> risk factor, but still a bit scary.  Anyway we have lots of other
> volatile-marked variables in this code, so a couple more won't hurt.

I assume you saw my comment in basebackup.c:

     *  Some old compilers, e.g. gcc 2.95.3/x86, think that passing
     *  a struct in the same function as a longjump might clobber
     *  a variable.  bjm 2011-02-04
     *  http://lists.apple.com/archives/xcode-users/2003/Dec//msg00051.html

> Tom Lane wrote:
>> Suppress some "variable might be clobbered by longjmp" warnings.
>>
>> Seen with an older gcc version.  I'm not sure these represent any real
>> risk factor, but still a bit scary.  Anyway we have lots of other
>> volatile-marked variables in this code, so a couple more won't hurt.

> I assume you saw my comment in basebackup.c:

>      *  Some old compilers, e.g. gcc 2.95.3/x86, think that passing
>      *  a struct in the same function as a longjump might clobber
>      *  a variable.  bjm 2011-02-04
>      *  http://lists.apple.com/archives/xcode-users/2003/Dec//msg00051.html

Curious that you're getting different warnings with that than I get
with HPPA 2.95.3.

            regards, tom lane

Tom Lane wrote:
> > Tom Lane wrote:
> >> Suppress some "variable might be clobbered by longjmp" warnings.
> >>
> >> Seen with an older gcc version.  I'm not sure these represent any real
> >> risk factor, but still a bit scary.  Anyway we have lots of other
> >> volatile-marked variables in this code, so a couple more won't hurt.
>
> > I assume you saw my comment in basebackup.c:
>
> >      *  Some old compilers, e.g. gcc 2.95.3/x86, think that passing
> >      *  a struct in the same function as a longjump might clobber
> >      *  a variable.  bjm 2011-02-04
> >      *  http://lists.apple.com/archives/xcode-users/2003/Dec//msg00051.html
>
> Curious that you're getting different warnings with that than I get
> with HPPA 2.95.3.

Yes.  I just found the description at the URL interesting, stating the
gcc just gets confused.