pgsql-server/src/backend/commands explain.c

From
tgl@postgresql.org (Tom Lane)
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    tgl@postgresql.org    03/02/10 12:06:23

Modified files:
    src/backend/commands: explain.c

Log message:
    Add code to show join rule (for outer and IN joins) in join type name.

Re: pgsql-server/src/backend/commands explain.c

From
"Christopher Kings-Lynne"
Date:
Out of interest Tom, did you optimise the IN (huge list of scalars) case, or
is it just the IN (subselect) case?

Cheers,

Chris

Date:
> Out of interest Tom, did you optimise the IN (huge list of scalars) case, or
> is it just the IN (subselect) case?

Just IN (subselect).  AFAIK, IN (list of scalars) works reasonably well
already... at least for cases where the lefthand side is an indexed
column.  What problems are you concerned about?

            regards, tom lane

Date:
> Just IN (subselect).  AFAIK, IN (list of scalars) works reasonably well
> already... at least for cases where the lefthand side is an indexed
> column.  What problems are you concerned about?

Nothing in particular - I was just wondering how list of scalars performed
(as a huge list of OR'd scalars).  If it performs well, especially with an
index, then that's cool.

Chris