pgsql-server/ /configure /configure.in rc/Make ...

From
tgl@postgresql.org (Tom Lane)
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql-server
Changes by:    tgl@postgresql.org    02/12/30 12:19:56

Modified files:
    .              : configure configure.in
    src            : Makefile.global.in
    src/bin/pgtclsh: Makefile
    src/interfaces/libpgtcl: Makefile
    src/pl/tcl     : Makefile

Log message:
    Make use of TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC if available (it's new in Tcl 8.4, too bad
    it took 'em this long to realize it's needed...)

Re: pgsql-server/ /configure /configure.in rc/Make ...

From
Peter Eisentraut
Tom Lane writes:

> Log message:
>     Make use of TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC if available (it's new in Tcl 8.4, too bad
>     it took 'em this long to realize it's needed...)

Is there a reason why you didn't add TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC to the list in
PGAC_EVAL_TCLCONFIGSH?  It seems that that should handle the missing case
as well, since

eval TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC=\"$TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC\"

should be equivalent to

TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC=''

in that case.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net

Re: pgsql-server/ /configure /configure.in rc/Make ...

Date:
> Is there a reason why you didn't add TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC to the list in
> PGAC_EVAL_TCLCONFIGSH?  It seems that that should handle the missing case
> as well, since
> eval TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC=\"$TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC\"
> should be equivalent to
> TCL_INCLUDE_SPEC=''
> in that case.

I wasn't sure if that would work portably.  If you think it will, feel
free to simplify the code.

            regards, tom lane