petere@postgresql.org (Peter Eisentraut - PostgreSQL)
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    petere@postgresql.org    02/07/28 11:19:59

Modified files:
    doc            : Makefile
    doc/src        : Makefile

Log message:
    Clean documentation subtree during make clean.

Re: pgsql/doc Makefile src/Makefile

Date:
petere@postgresql.org (Peter Eisentraut - PostgreSQL) writes:
>     Clean documentation subtree during make clean.

It's bugged me for a long time that top-level make clean doesn't
do that --- I keep forgetting to do it manually.

BUT: the reason I put up with it was I thought we couldn't change it
without causing the built docs to be deleted.  Since those are supposed
to be in the distribution tarball, won't "make distclean" now remove
stuff that needs to be kept?

            regards, tom lane

Re: pgsql/doc Makefile src/Makefile

From
Peter Eisentraut
Tom Lane writes:

> BUT: the reason I put up with it was I thought we couldn't change it
> without causing the built docs to be deleted.  Since those are supposed
> to be in the distribution tarball, won't "make distclean" now remove
> stuff that needs to be kept?

The built docs are never cleaned.  I only made it descent into doc/src for
cleaning in addition to what it was doing.

--
Peter Eisentraut   peter_e@gmx.net