pgsql/src/backend/commands Tag: REL7_2_STABLE ...

From
tgl@postgresql.org (Tom Lane)
CVSROOT:    /cvsroot
Module name:    pgsql
Changes by:    tgl@postgresql.org    02/04/02 00:12:01

Modified files:
    src/backend/commands: Tag: REL7_2_STABLE vacuum.c

Log message:
    Fix CLOG truncation code to not do the Wrong Thing when there are already
    wrapped-around databases.  The unvacuumed databases might be fine, or
    they might not, but things will definitely not be fine if we remove the
    wrong CLOG segments.  Per trouble report from Gary Wolfe, 1-Apr-2002.

Re: pgsql/src/backend/commands Tag: REL7_2_STABLE ...

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
Are we going to pack 7.2.1 again?  I think we have not officially
released 7.2.1 yet, since Marc has not made an announcement as far as
I know.
--
Tatsuo Ishii

Date:
> Are we going to pack 7.2.1 again?

I don't think this particular fix justifies doing so, if that's what
you meant.  It's a corner case, ie, avoiding making things worse after
the dbadmin has already blown it.

> I think we have not officially
> released 7.2.1 yet, since Marc has not made an announcement as far as
> I know.

Maybe not, but the tarballs have been available on the FTP servers
for awhile now.  I don't think we can rewrap without causing confusion.
I'd say this fix missed the bus, and will have to wait for 7.2.2.

            regards, tom lane