Sessions added to Wiki, please update yours!

From
Josh Berkus
Folks:

I have added the clustering sessions suggested so far to the Postgres
wiki.  But you now need to fill in descriptions for the sessions!

Here's how this works:

All of the sessions are on the Suggested Sessions grid on the
Unconference Page:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgCon_2015_Developer_Unconference#Topics

The following three sessions are on the Cluster Summit page, and you
need to fill in descriptions of those sessions there:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgCon2015ClusterSummit#Suggested_Sessions

* Pgpool-II: toward next major version 3.5  Tatsuo Ishii

* FDW Enhancements  Shigeru Hanada

* Horizontal Scalability and Sharding  Ahsan Hadi

The following session isn't really about clustering, so it's description
is on the main Unconference Page, and needs to be filled in:

* Partitioning Amit Langote

Please update these, thanks.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Sessions added to Wiki, please update yours!

From
Robert Haas
Date:
This is really weird.  Isn't the whole point of an unconference that
sessions are decided the day of?

...Robert

Date:
On 06/04/2015 06:58 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> This is really weird.  Isn't the whole point of an unconference that
> sessions are decided the day of?

Many unconferences do prior organization of session proposals online
before the conference.  Final decisions are made at the site, but
proposals can be organized on the wiki ahead of time.

For clustering, I think we also have a couple folks who won't be there
until Wednesday morning; in that case, I need to pitch their session for
them on Tuesday afternoon.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
http://pgexperts.com

Re: Sessions added to Wiki, please update yours!

From
Simon Riggs
Date:
All of the sessions are on the Suggested Sessions grid on the
Unconference Page:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgCon_2015_Developer_Unconference#Topics

The following three sessions are on the Cluster Summit page, and you
need to fill in descriptions of those sessions there:
https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgCon2015ClusterSummit#Suggested_Sessions

I've added discussion for BDR & related topics.

Date:
On 06/11/2015 10:34 PM, Simon Riggs wrote:
> On 4 June 2015 at 03:50, Josh Berkus <josh@agliodbs.com
> <mailto:josh@agliodbs.com>> wrote:
>

>     All of the sessions are on the Suggested Sessions grid on the
>     Unconference Page:
>     https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgCon_2015_Developer_Unconference#Topics
>
>     The following three sessions are on the Cluster Summit page, and you
>     need to fill in descriptions of those sessions there:
>     https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PgCon2015ClusterSummit#Suggested_Sessions
>

> I've added discussion for BDR & related topics.

Thank you!

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.
http://pgexperts.com

Re: Sessions added to Wiki, please update yours!

From
"Wayne E. Seguin"
Date:
Wohoo!!! STOKED!