Pgpool Load Balancing

From
fahad basheer
Date:
Hi,

I am trying to load balance read queries using pgpool in aws,
My database setup is like one postgres master rds  and two read replicas of the master
But not able to load balance the read queries. All the queries are going to  node 0( host 0).

Thanks in Advance

Regards,
Fahad

Re: Pgpool Load Balancing

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
More details, pgpool-II version and pgpool.conf please, PostgreSQL
version of S please.

Also you would want to move to pgpool mailing list.
(search on pgpool.net).

I'm not sure but this ML may not be appropriate for technical
discussions on pgpool-II.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan

> Hi,
>

> I am trying to load balance read queries using pgpool in aws,
> My database setup is like one postgres master rds  and two read replicas of
> the master
> But not able to load balance the read queries. All the queries are going to
>  node 0( host 0).
>
> Thanks in Advance
>

> Regards,
> Fahad

Re: Pgpool Load Balancing

From
fahad basheer
Date:
Hi,

Thanks for the reply.

I am using postgresql version 9.4 in aws rds and its read replicas
pgpool-II version 3.1.

and my pgpool.conf
Please let me know if anything is wrong.

Regards,
Fahad

More details, pgpool-II version and pgpool.conf please, PostgreSQL
version of S please.

Also you would want to move to pgpool mailing list.
(search on pgpool.net).

I'm not sure but this ML may not be appropriate for technical
discussions on pgpool-II.

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp

> Hi,
>

> I am trying to load balance read queries using pgpool in aws,
> My database setup is like one postgres master rds  and two read replicas of
> the master
> But not able to load balance the read queries. All the queries are going to
>  node 0( host 0).
>
> Thanks in Advance
>

> Regards,
> Fahad

Attachment

Re: Pgpool Load Balancing

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
You need to change these:

master_slave_mode = off
master_slave_sub_mode = 'slony'

to:

master_slave_mode = on
master_slave_sub_mode = 'stream'

Best regards,
--
Tatsuo Ishii
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for the reply.
>
> I am using postgresql version 9.4 in aws rds and its read replicas
> pgpool-II version 3.1.
>
> and my pgpool.conf
> Please let me know if anything is wrong.
>
> Regards,
> Fahad
>
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
>> More details, pgpool-II version and pgpool.conf please, PostgreSQL
>> version of S please.
>>
>> Also you would want to move to pgpool mailing list.
>> (search on pgpool.net).
>>
>> I'm not sure but this ML may not be appropriate for technical
>> discussions on pgpool-II.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> --
>> Tatsuo Ishii
>> SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
>> Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >

>> > I am trying to load balance read queries using pgpool in aws,
>> > My database setup is like one postgres master rds  and two read replicas
>> of
>> > the master
>> > But not able to load balance the read queries. All the queries are going
>> >  node 0( host 0).
>> >
>> > Thanks in Advance
>> >

>> > Regards,
>> > Fahad

Re: Pgpool Load Balancing

From
fahad basheer
Date:
Hi,

If we are using RDS with read replica, do we need to enable the above option.

Regards,
Fahad

> I am using postgresql version 9.4 in aws rds and its read replicas
> pgpool-II version 3.1.
>
> and my pgpool.conf
> Please let me know if anything is wrong.
>
> Regards,
> Fahad
>
> On Wed, Jun 3, 2015 at 12:04 PM, Tatsuo Ishii <ishii@postgresql.org> wrote:
>
>> More details, pgpool-II version and pgpool.conf please, PostgreSQL
>> version of S please.
>>
>> Also you would want to move to pgpool mailing list.
>> (search on pgpool.net).
>>
>> I'm not sure but this ML may not be appropriate for technical
>> discussions on pgpool-II.
>>
>> Best regards,
>> --
>> Tatsuo Ishii
>> SRA OSS, Inc. Japan
>> Japanese:http://www.sraoss.co.jp
>>
>> > Hi,
>> >

>> > I am trying to load balance read queries using pgpool in aws,
>> > My database setup is like one postgres master rds  and two read replicas
>> of
>> > the master
>> > But not able to load balance the read queries. All the queries are going
>> >  node 0( host 0).
>> >
>> > Thanks in Advance
>> >

>> > Regards,
>> > Fahad

Re: Pgpool Load Balancing

From
Tatsuo Ishii
Date:
Yes. By telling to pgpool-II so, pgpool-II recognizes that write
queries must go to master, and others should go to slaves.  With
master_slave_mode = on, pgpool-II does not do replication itself, but
let other software (in RDS, streaming reapplication), do the job.

Best regards,