Clustering meeting at pgCon?

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
All,

At the behest of a sponsor, I'm currently investigating the possibility
of doing another short clustering meeting at pgCon.  In order to plan
this, please give me feedback on the following:

(1) Were you planning to attend pgCon this year?

(2) Given that 2ndQuadrant will probably hold CHAR11 this year, do we
want to do a full day or only a half day? (Greg, can you confirm CHAR11?)

(3) Given that a meeting would require coming to pgCon a day or two
early, would you need financial assistance with:
    (a) an extra day or two of accomodations?
    (b) plane fare?
... in order to attend?

More detail: the clustering meeting would most likely be on Tuesday, so
you'd need to get to Ottawa on Monday or early Tuesday morning.  If we
did a full day, I would envision doing a half day of general discussion
followed by a half day of breakout (team-hacking) sessions.

--
                                  -- Josh Berkus
                                     PostgreSQL Experts Inc.

Re: Clustering meeting at pgCon?

From
Koichi Suzuki
Date:
Josh;

Thank you very much for this questionnaire.  This is my reply.

Cheers;
---
Koichi

(2010年12月11日 04:13), Josh Berkus wrote:
> All,
>
> At the behest of a sponsor, I'm currently investigating the possibility
> of doing another short clustering meeting at pgCon.  In order to plan
> this, please give me feedback on the following:
>
> (1) Were you planning to attend pgCon this year?

Yes.

> (2) Given that 2ndQuadrant will probably hold CHAR11 this year, do we
> want to do a full day or only a half day? (Greg, can you confirm CHAR11?)

Full day, please.

> (3) Given that a meeting would require coming to pgCon a day or two
> early, would you need financial assistance with:
>     (a) an extra day or two of accomodations?
>     (b) plane fare?
> ... in order to attend?

No, I don't need financial assisntance.

> More detail: the clustering meeting would most likely be on Tuesday, so
> you'd need to get to Ottawa on Monday or early Tuesday morning.  If we
> did a full day, I would envision doing a half day of general discussion
> followed by a half day of breakout (team-hacking) sessions.

Re: Clustering meeting at pgCon?

From
Greg Smith
Date:
Josh Berkus wrote:
> (2) Given that 2ndQuadrant will probably hold CHAR11 this year, do we
> want to do a full day or only a half day? (Greg, can you confirm CHAR11?)

CHAR11 is currently being planned, with an announcement expected in
January once the location is nailed down.  Still going to be in England,
just not necessarily at Oxford again.  The conference will steer clear
of the US Independence Day this year.

I'll be at PGCon and can arrive early under my own funding for an event
like this.

PostgreSQL Training, Services and Support        www.2ndQuadrant.us