kylix3 connection problem

From
"daniel"
Date:
allo,

I am stalling over this kylix3 connection problem with postgresql 7.2 in Redhat7.3

I had unmarked the line in
[1] pg_hba.conf in /usr/local/pgsql/data1
host all 127.0.0.1 255.255.255.255 trust.
[2] postgres.conf
tcpip__sock = true

[3] in the hidden dbxdriver file,
VendorLib = libpq.so.2

[4] in kylix3 dbexpress SQLConnection properties :-
hostname localhost
username daniel
password daniel

[5] the postmaster is started via :-
daniel@localhost daniel]$ pg_ctl start -D /usr/local/pgsql/data1 > logfile 2>&1 &

i hope to get some experienced postgresql_kylix3 to help me out of this loop.

ciao
daniel

Re: kylix3 connection problem

From
Date:
Hello,

>I am stalling over this kylix3 connection problem with postgresql 7.2 in
Redhat7.3
Can you gimme exact error message?
> 4] in kylix3 dbexpress SQLConnection properties :-
>hostname localhost
>username daniel
>password daniel
I don't know much about dbexpress, but I am not sure you have created
database
(you have to mention name of the database somewhere) with username&password
daniel

I am using Kylix2 (and Delphi6) and zeoslib components
(http://www.zeoslib.net)
with PostgreSQL 7.3.4 and have no problems at all.
Consider to switch to open source components and you will always have
someone to ask your questions.
..or at least you will be able to look at the source and, hopefully, will
find solution yourself.

I recommend you to get latest stable source from Postgresql.org & latest
stable zeosdbo version (currently 6.01.2).

Please cc or bcc me if you want to contact me.

Good Luck & Regards,
Alvis

Re: kylix3 connection problem

From
"daniel"
Date:
allo

i had downloaded the zeos - dbo version 6 and in kylix 3 did the build and
got the err dialog with :-
cannot load bplZComponent and bplZDbc.so: can't opened shared object file .

what do you think is missing and what can i do.

ciao
daniel

Date: