BUG #12447: pgAdmin 1.20.0 missing MSVC redistributables?

From
ashok.srinath@emc.com
Date:

Bug reference:      12447
Logged by:          Ashok Srinath
Email address:      ashok.srinath@emc.com
PostgreSQL version: Unsupported/Unknown
Operating system:   Windows Server 2008 R2

Hi there,

After I downloaded and installed pgAdmin 1.20 (from
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin3/release/v1.20.0/win32/), I was unable
to run it - I got an error saying that a DLL was missing (I believe it was
msvcp120.dll, a Visual C++ redistributable).

I uninstalled this version and was able to successfully install the previous
version (pgAdmin 1.18).  I thought I'd let you know of my experience, in
case this is a real issue.

Re: BUG #12447: pgAdmin 1.20.0 missing MSVC redistributables?

From
Dave Page
> Operating system:   Windows Server 2008 R2
>
> Hi there,
>
> After I downloaded and installed pgAdmin 1.20 (from
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/pgadmin3/release/v1.20.0/win32/), I was unable
> to run it - I got an error saying that a DLL was missing (I believe it was
> msvcp120.dll, a Visual C++ redistributable).
>
> I uninstalled this version and was able to successfully install the previous
> version (pgAdmin 1.18).  I thought I'd let you know of my experience, in
> case this is a real issue.

Hi,

I'm in the process of fixing this now.

--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: BUG #12447: pgAdmin 1.20.0 missing MSVC redistributables?

From
otheus uibk
Date:
Hi Dave,

I just downloaded 1.20.0 today. Same problem mentioned by Mr. Srinath.
There is no update on the website after this. His work-around to install
pgAdmin 1.18 worked. In fact, installing it over 1.20 worked just fine.
Still, it would be nice if this problem were nipped at the bud.

otheus.uibk@gmail.com
otheus.shelling@uibk.ac.at

Date:
On Tue, Dec 1, 2015 at 7:04 PM, otheus uibk <otheus.uibk@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Dave,
>
> I just downloaded 1.20.0 today. Same problem mentioned by Mr. Srinath. There
> is no update on the website after this. His work-around to install pgAdmin
> 1.18 worked. In fact, installing it over 1.20 worked just fine. Still, it
> would be nice if this problem were nipped at the bud.

Hi

It's fixed in 1.22. I just confirmed on a clean installation of Windows XP.