BUG #12024: autocomplete doesn't work for ALTER CONSTRAINT

From
lizenko79@gmail.com
Date:

Bug reference:      12024
Logged by:          Andrey Lizenko
Email address:      lizenko79@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.4beta2
Operating system:   Ubuntu LTS 12.04

Its a very minor bug in psql client.
Server and client version is 9.4 RC (cann't see rc, only beta in version
ашудв)

If I try to press "tab" to complete
ALTER TABLE <some_table> ALTER CO...

only COLUMN hint is shown, CONSTRAINT is missing

Full command works fine.
postgres=# ALTER TABLE b ALTER CONSTRAINT "b_cons" DEFERRABLE INITIALLY
DEFERRED;
ALTER TABLE

Re: BUG #12024: autocomplete doesn't work for ALTER CONSTRAINT

From
Michael Paquier
Date:
only COLUMN hint is shown, CONSTRAINT is missing
Yes, indeed. Supporting ALTER TABLE <foo> ALTER CONSTRAINT has proved not to be that complicated. Per se the patch attached. I haven't added the part about deferred constraints but still that's an improvement as it can go up to the constraint detection.
--
Michael
Attachment

Re: BUG #12024: autocomplete doesn't work for ALTER CONSTRAINT

From
Fujii Masao
Date:
On Wed, Nov 26, 2014 at 2:54 PM, Michael Paquier
<michael.paquier@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sat, Nov 22, 2014 at 12:19 AM, <lizenko79@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> If I try to press "tab" to complete
>> ALTER TABLE <some_table> ALTER CO...
>>
>> only COLUMN hint is shown, CONSTRAINT is missing
>
> Yes, indeed. Supporting ALTER TABLE <foo> ALTER CONSTRAINT has proved not to
> be that complicated. Per se the patch attached.

Pushed. Thanks!

Fujii Masao