BUG #9422: PostgreSQL Zero downtime during deployement

From
muhammadk@chetu.com
Date:

Bug reference:      9422
Logged by:          Muhammad Khalid
Email address:      muhammadk@chetu.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.1
Operating system:   CentOS

We need some idea about how can we deploy a financial application in
production environment using PostgreSQL DB with zero down time. I have two
servers in Master-Slave design. Currently we are giving downtime while
deploying applications and executing database script. For zero downtime, do
we need any configuration or any third party software or PostgreSQL utility
which will handle this scenario so that in production real time environment
we don't lose any transactions and I also can update database script
simultaneously?

Re: BUG #9422: PostgreSQL Zero downtime during deployement

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
Hello

> Bug reference:      9422
> Logged by:          Muhammad Khalid
> Email address:      muhammadk@chetu.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.2.1
> Operating system:   CentOS
>
> We need some idea about how can we deploy a financial application in
> production environment using PostgreSQL DB with zero down time. I have two
> servers in Master-Slave design. Currently we are giving downtime while
> deploying applications and executing database script. For zero downtime, do
> we need any configuration or any third party software or PostgreSQL utility
> which will handle this scenario so that in production real time environment
> we don't lose any transactions and I also can update database script
> simultaneously?

It is not bug. Please, send your query to mailing list pgsq-general.

Regards

Pavel Stehule