stats_temp_directory SIGHUP documentation bug

From
Peter Geoghegan
Date:
Commit be8d6c5c3 made stats_temp_directory SIGHUP, but this isn't
fully reflected in the docs. "18.9. Run-time Statistics" still says:
"This parameter can only be set in the postgresql.conf file or on the
server command line". This should be fixed.

--
Peter Geoghegan

Re: stats_temp_directory SIGHUP documentation bug

From
Fujii Masao
Date:
On Sun, Dec 8, 2013 at 10:44 AM, Peter Geoghegan <pg@heroku.com> wrote:
> Commit be8d6c5c3 made stats_temp_directory SIGHUP, but this isn't
> fully reflected in the docs. "18.9. Run-time Statistics" still says:
> "This parameter can only be set in the postgresql.conf file or on the
> server command line". This should be fixed.

How should we fix that? ISTM that the document always says that for
the parameters with PGC_SIGHUP.

Fujii Masao

Date:
On Mon, Dec 9, 2013 at 4:51 AM, Fujii Masao <masao.fujii@gmail.com> wrote:
> How should we fix that? ISTM that the document always says that for
> the parameters with PGC_SIGHUP.

I think my expectation was that the documentation differentiate
between PGC_SIGHUP and PGC_POSTMASTER for cases like this. But I
forgot that the *absence* of "This parameter can only be set at server
start" is generally how this is indicated, so I withdraw my complaint.

Thanks
--
Peter Geoghegan