pgdump not dumping my database

From
Oliver Munyao
Date:
Hi,
Am having a postgresql 9.2 database which is running very well with my
application.My only problem comes in when doing abackup where it backs up
empty tables theough my tables have data.I have another database in the
same installation which is backing up well , what could be the problem
here! am stuck

--=20
Kind Regards,
Munyao Oliver,
+254 718 108 359
omunyao@gmail.com

*=93It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.=94 *

Re: pgdump not dumping my database

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
On Thu, 2013-11-21 at 18:29 +0300, Oliver Munyao wrote:

> Am having a postgresql 9.2 database which is running very well with my
> application.My only problem comes in when doing abackup where it backs
> up empty tables theough my tables have data.I have another database in
> the same installation which is backing up well , what could be the
> problem here! am stuck

Please show exactly what command you are running and what output you
get.

Re: pgdump not dumping my database

From
Oliver Munyao
Date:
Hi am using PgadminIII dump option.It only dumps part of the DB with blank
tables though my database has data when i run my application.I have also
tried

pg_dump olli > mhu.backup  but the output is the same as the pgadminII
one.Kindly help because I need to dump the same DB in another server.Am
running on postgres 9.2

On Sat, Nov 23, 2013 at 4:04 PM, Peter Eisentraut <peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> On Thu, 2013-11-21 at 18:29 +0300, Oliver Munyao wrote:
>
> > Am having a postgresql 9.2 database which is running very well with my
> > application.My only problem comes in when doing abackup where it backs
> > up empty tables theough my tables have data.I have another database in
> > the same installation which is backing up well , what could be the
> > problem here! am stuck
> >

> Please show exactly what command you are running and what output you
> get.

--=20
Kind Regards,
Munyao Oliver,
+254 718 108 359
omunyao@gmail.com

*=93It's not the load that breaks you down, it's the way you carry it.=94 *

Re: pgdump not dumping my database

From
Oliver Munyao
Date:
I meant the pgadminIII backup option ....Thanks!