BUG #8496: psqlODBC driver does not work well via Excel

From
manindra.sarkar@brightnorth.co.uk
Date:

Bug reference:      8496
Logged by:          Mani
Email address:      manindra.sarkar@brightnorth.co.uk
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.0
Operating system:   MacOS 10.8 ML

I have tried using the psqlODBC driver with Excel but it does not work as
expected.

In comparison the below driver from Openlink does a good job.

http://uda.openlinksw.com/odbc-postgres-st/

It would be great to have the same functionality in the native driver.

Excel does not seem to respond with any data - but does give an idea that it
has made some sort of a connection with the database. SQL commands fail from
being executed.

Re: BUG #8496: psqlODBC driver does not work well via Excel

From
Heikki Linnakangas
Date:
On 02.10.2013 14:57, manindra.sarkar@brightnorth.co.uk wrote:
> Excel does not seem to respond with any data - but does give an idea that it
> has made some sort of a connection with the database. SQL commands fail from
> being executed.

I'm afraid you'll have to provide a lot more details for anyone to be
able to help you.

- Heikki

Re: BUG #8496: psqlODBC driver does not work well via Excel

From
Pavel Stehule
Date:
2013/10/4 Heikki Linnakangas <hlinnakangas@vmware.com>

> On 02.10.2013 14:57, manindra.sarkar@brightnorth.**co.uk<manindra.sarkar@brightnorth.co.uk>wrote:
>
>> Excel does not seem to respond with any data - but does give an idea that
>> it
>> has made some sort of a connection with the database. SQL commands fail
>> from
>> being executed.

It is strange - I used pg ODBC driver together with MS Excel without any
issue.

Regards

Pavel

> I'm afraid you'll have to provide a lot more details for anyone to be able
> to help you.
>
> - Heikki

Re: BUG #8496: psqlODBC driver does not work well via Excel

From
Mani Sarkar