BUG #8362: postres webserver

From
kd_sargent@msn.com
Date:

Bug reference:      8362
Logged by:          Keith Sargent
Email address:      kd_sargent@msn.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.2
Operating system:   win7

Not really a bug but a? I have been using you enterprisedb apachephp local
web server to develop
was hoping to install phalcon c# extension. It install easy with XAMPP but I
can not get it to load with yours.  I add the extension with and without a
direct link,I put the php_phalcon.dll in different directories. I'm guessing
it's a phalcon issue you use a MSVC10 for the compiler and xampp uses a
MSVC9 and phalcon is also compiled in MSVC9.  I do not know if this will be
an Issues on my web-server, but I would like to start developing on my local
server and I think i would be a very nice feature set for you guys to offer.

Re: BUG #8362: postres webserver

From
Christopher Browne
Date:
There are several things confusing here that seem to indicate that
this is not a bug...

1.  Postgres is not a web server.  It is a database management system,
and thus extensions one might hope to add to a web server are not
logical to expect to connect to Postgres.

2.  It sounds as though you are using a version of Postgres that has
been customized by EnterpriseDB, and, as that is not something that
the community has code for, we're not able to be of much assistance.
As a user of EnterpriseDB's products, you are presumably a customer,
and should expect to get customer support from them.  Most pointedly,
their build procedures are theirs, and not ours, and that's a place
where any help relevant to you would really need to come from
EnterpriseDB.

Re: BUG #8362: postres webserver

From
Ashesh Vashi
Date:
Please contact EnterpriseDB related to this.
Please visit the following url for that:
http://forums.enterprisedb.com/forums/show/12.page

This is neither a PostgreSQL's bug, or related to it.

On Sun, Aug 4, 2013 at 2:33 PM, <kd_sargent@msn.com> wrote:

> Bug reference:      8362
> Logged by:          Keith Sargent
> Email address:      kd_sargent@msn.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.2.2
> Operating system:   win7
>
> Not really a bug but a? I have been using you enterprisedb apachephp local
> web server to develop
> was hoping to install phalcon c# extension. It install easy with XAMPP but
> can not get it to load with yours.  I add the extension with and without a
> direct link,I put the php_phalcon.dll in different directories. I'm
> guessing
> it's a phalcon issue you use a MSVC10 for the compiler and xampp uses a
> MSVC9 and phalcon is also compiled in MSVC9.  I do not know if this will be
> an Issues on my web-server, but I would like to start developing on my
> local
> server and I think i would be a very nice feature set for you guys to
> offer.

Thanks & Regards,

Ashesh Vashi
EnterpriseDB INDIA: Enterprise PostgreSQL Company<http://www.enterprisedb.com>

*http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi*<http://www.linkedin.com/in/asheshvashi>

Re: BUG #8362: postres webserver

From
Greg Stark
Date:

Questions can be sent to pgsql-general@postgresql.org

> I have been using you enterprisedb

Then you should contact enterprisedb for support or use their forums.

> It install easy with XAMPP but I can not get it to load with yours.

Whoever you contact you will need to provide them with details of what
happens. They're not going to be able to guess why it's not working.

--
greg