BUG #7578: Not able to drop user if S/he has permission on tablespace

From
wheelly@gmail.com
Date:

Bug reference:      7578
Logged by:          Nikolay
Email address:      wheelly@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.4
Operating system:   Linux version 3.2.0-3-amd64 (Debian 3.2.21-3)

Hello,

The bug is similar to existing bug "BUG #6116: Not able to drop user if S/he
has permission on tablespace".
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2011-07/msg00110.php

You wrote to mr. "tushar" <tushar(dot)qa(at)gmail(dot)com>:
The "DROP OWNED BY" command only drops objects that are owned by a
user.  It doesn't revoke privileges that user has granted: those
aren't considered dropable objects.  So technically speaking all of
those commands are working just as expected. =

But documentation say reversal thing
(http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.1/static/sql-drop-owned.html):
DROP OWNED drops all the objects in the current database that are owned by
one of the specified roles.
Any privileges granted to the given roles on objects in the current database
will also be revoked.

Where is a bug in PostgreSQL or in documentation?

Thank you,
Nikolay.

Re: BUG #7578: Not able to drop user if S/he has permission on tablespace

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Excerpts from wheelly's message of mar oct 02 05:49:27 -0300 2012:

> Where is a bug in PostgreSQL or in documentation?

I think it was a bug in the code.  I have committed a patch that should
fix this problem.

--=20
=C3=81lvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
Where can I found this path?

03.10.2012 18:55, Alvaro Herrera пишет:
> Excerpts from wheelly's message of mar oct 02 05:49:27 -0300 2012:
>
>> Where is a bug in PostgreSQL or in documentation?
>
> I think it was a bug in the code.  I have committed a patch that should
> fix this problem.

Re: BUG #7578: Not able to drop user if S/he has permission on tablespace

From
Alvaro Herrera
Date:
Nikolay escribi=F3:
> Where can I found this path?

http://git.postgresql.org/gitweb/?p=3Dpostgresql.git;a=3Dcommitdiff;h=3D4=
12a4295b5390cfe4fd5b9fc84a25c6e2d1aa0ad

You can also download the 9.1 snapshot from
ftp.postgresql.org/pub/snapshot/9.1, which should already contain this
patch.

--=20
=C1lvaro Herrera                http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/