BUG #7530: initdb.exe ignores --locale option, uses "English_United States.1252"

From
mwtoews@gmail.com
Date:

Bug reference:      7530
Logged by:          Mike Toews
Email address:      mwtoews@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.2.0
Operating system:   Windows Vista 32-bit

I'm using the "postgresql-9.2.0-1-windows.exe" installer, from Enterprise
DB.

With the GUI installer, I chose the locale "English, New Zealand". This is
correctly maintained in initcluster.vbs, which executes the command:

"C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\bin\initdb.exe" --pwfile "C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\radE202E.tmp" --locale=3D"English, New Zealand"
--encoding=3DUTF-8 -A md5 -U postgres -D "C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\9.2\data"

But the output from this command show:

The database cluster will be initialized with locale "English_United
States.1252".
The default text search configuration will be set to "english".
Apologies for multiple email threads, as this message was sent before
my other email and before adding my account to this list. This bug
report is slightly misleading, as the --locale option is not ignored
by initdb.exe, but is misinterpreted in certain cases.

See email thread: "initdb.exe changes --locale option"
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2012-09/msg00083.php

-Mike