BUG #6659: Error when install postgres

From
junho1.kim@lge.com
Date:

Bug reference:      6659
Logged by:          Junho Kim
Email address:      junho1.kim@lge.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.0.4
Operating system:   Windows XP 32bit ServicePack 3

I run postgresql-9.0.4-1-windows.exe.
But package occur error instead install DB.

Error message is as follows:
AppName: postgresql-9.0.4.1-windows.exe
AppVer: 1.0.0.0
ModName: postgresql-9.0.4-1-windows.exe
ModVer: 1.0.0.0
Offset: 0004df8b

Re: BUG #6659: Error when install postgres

From
Robert Haas
Date:
On Mon, May 21, 2012 at 10:48 PM,  <junho1.kim@lge.com> wrote:

> Bug reference: =A0 =A0 =A06659
> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Junho Kim
> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0junho1.kim@lge.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.0.4
> Operating system: =A0 Windows XP 32bit ServicePack 3
>
> I run postgresql-9.0.4-1-windows.exe.
> But package occur error instead install DB.
>
> Error message is as follows:
> AppName: postgresql-9.0.4.1-windows.exe
> AppVer: 1.0.0.0
> ModName: postgresql-9.0.4-1-windows.exe
> ModVer: 1.0.0.0
> Offset: 0004df8b

I doubt this is broken in general, or we'd have had more complaints,
so there must be something different about your system, but I don't
know what it is.  Did it leave behind any useful logfiles, maybe in
your temp directory?

--=20
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Date:
On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 7:54 PM, =EA=B9=80=EC=A4=80=ED=98=B8 <junho1.kim@lg=
e.com> wrote:
> I attached log file.
> Please analyze the log files.

Are these the EnterpriseDB installers?  Sorta looks like it, except
I'm pretty sure we don't install in C:\Program Files\SuperSignElite-w
Server\PostgreSQL

Also, I don't see any errors at all in the logs... there's no
indication that anything actually failed.

/me scratches head...