pltclu install problems

From
Szunomár Péter
Date:
Hello,

i'm trying to install pltclu (or pltcl) language on my database on localhost.
System: Windows 7 Ultimate
Postgres: 8.3.5 or 9.1 (same error on both)

Even if i start the createlang.exe pltclu or run the CREATE LANGUAGE pltclu sql command from PgAdmin, i receive the following error message:

================
ERROR:  could not load library "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.1/lib/pltcl.dll": unknown error 126
********** Error **********
ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program Files/PostgreSQL/9.1/lib/pltcl.dll": unknown error 126
SQL state: 58P01
================

But the file exists on the named path. What is wrong?

Thanks!
Peter

Re: pltclu install problems

From
Craig Ringer
Date:
On 05/21/2012 02:47 PM, Szunomár Péter wrote:
> Even if i start the createlang.exe pltclu or run the CREATE LANGUAGE
> pltclu sql command from PgAdmin, i receive the following error message:
>
> ================
> ERROR:  could not load library "C:/Program
> Files/PostgreSQL/9.1/lib/pltcl.dll": unknown error 126
> ********** Error **********
> ERROR: could not load library "C:/Program
> Files/PostgreSQL/9.1/lib/pltcl.dll": unknown error 126
> SQL state: 58P01

A dependency of pltcl is missing, like a TCL runtime. Windows gives the
same "cannot find library" error (126) when the library its self is
missing as when a library it depends on is missing.

If you can't figure out what's missing, use Dependency Walker
(http://dependencywalker.com) to open pltcl.dll and see what it's
looking for.

--
Craig Ringer