BUG #6647: Password Issue

From
subu.car@gmail.com
Date:

Bug reference:      6647
Logged by:          Subramanian
Email address:      subu.car@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
Operating system:   Windows XP

Hello there. We in our company using your product of PostgreSQL - 9.1.3 &
8.3. But both of these products results in a Password Error. We all tried
with variuos passwords and got a Single error as Failed... Please respond to
this bug ASAP. Thank you.

Re: BUG #6647: Password Issue

From
Robert Haas
> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Subramanian
> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0subu.car@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
> Operating system: =A0 Windows XP
>
> Hello there. We in our company using your product of PostgreSQL - 9.1.3 &
> 8.3. But both of these products results in a Password Error. We all tried
> with variuos passwords and got a Single error as Failed... Please respond=
> this bug ASAP. Thank you.

You probably have an existing postgres account.  Try changing the
password of that account to something that you know, and then using
that password for the installer.

--=20
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

Re: BUG #6647: Password Issue

From
Craig Ringer
Date:
On 05/23/2012 04:00 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 5:43 AM,<subu.car@gmail.com>  wrote:
>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>
>> Bug reference:      6647
>> Logged by:          Subramanian
>> Email address:      subu.car@gmail.com
>> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
>> Operating system:   Windows XP
>>
>> Hello there. We in our company using your product of PostgreSQL - 9.1.3&
>> 8.3. But both of these products results in a Password Error. We all tried
>> with variuos passwords and got a Single error as Failed... Please respond to
>> this bug ASAP. Thank you.
> You probably have an existing postgres account.  Try changing the
> password of that account to something that you know, and then using
> that password for the installer.

I really wish EDB would add a help link to this part of the installer,
it bits people all the time.

--
Craig Ringer

Re: BUG #6647: Password Issue

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Tue, May 29, 2012 at 5:00 AM, Craig Ringer <ringerc@ringerc.id.au> wrote:
> On 05/23/2012 04:00 AM, Robert Haas wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, May 17, 2012 at 5:43 AM,<subu.car@gmail.com> =A0wrote:
>>>
>>> The following bug has been logged on the website:
>>>
>>> Bug reference: =A0 =A0 =A06647
>>> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Subramanian
>>> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0subu.car@gmail.com
>>> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.3
>>> Operating system: =A0 Windows XP
>>>
>>> Hello there. We in our company using your product of PostgreSQL - 9.1.3&
>>> 8.3. But both of these products results in a Password Error. We all tri=
ed
>>> with variuos passwords and got a Single error as Failed... Please respo=
nd
>>> this bug ASAP. Thank you.
>>
>> You probably have an existing postgres account. =A0Try changing the
>> password of that account to something that you know, and then using
>> that password for the installer.
>>

> I really wish EDB would add a help link to this part of the installer, it
> bits people all the time.

It's on my TODO - added a couple of weeks ago.

--=20
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com
Twitter: @pgsnake