BUG #6485: Primary index key not updated uniformly

From
innomotive@gmail.com
Date:

Bug reference:      6485
Logged by:          Ramanujam
Email address:      innomotive@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.0.3
Operating system:   Windows 7 Home Premium

Primary key information in pg_attribute table is not updated when a column
name is renamed.

Command used:
ALTER TABLE table_name RENAME COLUMN old_column TO new_column

Entries in pg_attribute still carries old_column.

Re: BUG #6485: Primary index key not updated uniformly

Date:
innomotive@gmail.com writes:
> Primary key information in pg_attribute table is not updated when a column
> name is renamed.

This is intentional --- we gave up updating index column names awhile
ago.

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #6485: Primary index key not updated uniformly

From
Ramanujam
Date:
On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> innomotive@gmail.com writes:
>
> This is intentional --- we gave up updating index column names awhile
> ago.

Is pg_constraint a credible place to retrieve primary key information from?

Re: BUG #6485: Primary index key not updated uniformly

Date:
Ramanujam <innomotive@gmail.com> writes:
> On Thu, Feb 23, 2012 at 3:22 PM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
>> This is intentional --- we gave up updating index column names awhile
>> ago.

> Is pg_constraint a credible place to retrieve primary key information from?

I'd try the information_schema views first.

            regards, tom lane