> ERROR:  unexpected message type 0x58 during COPY from stdin

One possible reason is running out of disk space while making the backup.
We had the same error while trying to restore 8.3's automated pg_dump into 9.1.
I actually figured it out.. forgot to set the encoding type to UNICODE when
I created the db..!

On Mon, Oct 24, 2011 at 11:38 PM, rihad <rihad@mail.ru> wrote:

> ERROR:  unexpected message type 0x58 during COPY from stdin
>>

> One possible reason is running out of disk space while making the backup.
> We had the same error while trying to restore 8.3's automated pg_dump into
> 9.1.

Greg Johnson
The InterProse Corporation
Software Developer