BUG #6255: Unable to Install (Binary, One Click Installer

From
"stephen"
Date:

Bug reference:      6255
Logged by:          stephen
Email address:      snpmonster@gmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 9.1.1
Operating system:   Windows 7
Details:

Hi,

I tried installing/running Postgres 9.1.1 on Windows 7

1. For Binary. I used
- I get error messages like
1.1 FATAL:  invalid value for parameter "lc_monetary": "en_US.UTF-8"

2. For the one click Installer, the installation could not complete. I
cancelled the installation.

I tried installing postgresql-9.0.4-1-windows.exe with no problems...
Just not usable on Windows 7

Re: BUG #6255: Unable to Install (Binary, One Click Installer

From
Sachin Srivastava
Date:
On Oct 15, 2011, at 8:51 AM, stephen wrote:

>=20
>=20
> Bug reference:      6255
> Logged by:          stephen
> Email address:      snpmonster@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.1
> Operating system:   Windows 7
> Details:=20
>=20
> Hi,
>=20
> I tried installing/running Postgres 9.1.1 on Windows 7
>=20
> 1. For Binary. I used
> - I get error messages like
> 1.1 FATAL:  invalid value for parameter "lc_monetary": "en_US.UTF-8"
What command gave you this error?
>=20
> 2. For the one click Installer, the installation could not complete. I
> cancelled the installation.
Where it failed? Any error messages? Can you check the installation log (%T=
EMP%\install-postgresql.log) ?
>=20
> I tried installing postgresql-9.0.4-1-windows.exe with no problems...
> Just not usable on Windows 7
>=20
> --=20
> Sent via pgsql-bugs mailing list (pgsql-bugs@postgresql.org)
> To make changes to your subscription:

Sachin Srivastava
EnterpriseDB, the Enterprise PostgreSQL company.

Re: BUG #6255: Unable to Install (Binary, One Click Installer

From
Craig Ringer
Date:
On 10/15/2011 11:21 AM, stephen wrote:

> Bug reference:      6255
> Logged by:          stephen
> Email address:      snpmonster@gmail.com
> PostgreSQL version: 9.1.1
> Operating system:   Windows 7
> Details:
>
> Hi,
>
> I tried installing/running Postgres 9.1.1 on Windows 7
>
> 1. For Binary. I used
> - I get error messages like
> 1.1 FATAL:  invalid value for parameter "lc_monetary": "en_US.UTF-8"

Which language is your Windows installation in?

Are you restoring a database from another system? If so, using
pg_restore, a sql dump, or something else?

--
Craig Ringer

Re: BUG #6255: Unable to Install (Binary, One Click Installer

From
snpmonster
Date:
Fresh install. With the "One Click Installer" for Windows from
http://www.postgresql.org/download/windows