BUG #6223: Installation with service account

From
"Ola van Dunen"
Date:

Bug reference:      6223
Logged by:          Ola van Dunen
Email address:      vandunen@smart-interfaces.de
PostgreSQL version: 9.*
Operating system:   Windows Server 2008
Details:

In order to run this database as a service under
Windows Server 2008 R2 one is forced to install the active directory and to
install the database at the same location of the to be installed domain
controller which is basically an architectural bug to me.

Re: BUG #6223: Installation with service account

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 9:40 AM, Ola van Dunen
<vandunen@smart-interfaces.de> wrote:

> Bug reference: =A0 =A0 =A06223
> Logged by: =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Ola van Dunen
> Email address: =A0 =A0 =A0vandunen@smart-interfaces.de
> PostgreSQL version: 9.*
> Operating system: =A0 Windows Server 2008
> Details:
>
> In order to run this database as a service under
> Windows Server 2008 R2 one is forced to install the active directory and =
> install the database at the same location of the to be installed domain
> controller which is basically an architectural bug to me.

Whose packages are you using? That's certainly not the case with the
EnterpriseDB installers.

--=20
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com