BUG #5830: Cannot connect to the server

From
"Richard Baratta"
Date:

Bug reference:      5830
Logged by:          Richard Baratta
Email address:      one__eighty__two@hotmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4
Operating system:   windows 7
Details:

Cannot connect to--> Localhost-5432-with my username being postgres. I need
this fixed immediately it is used for my business. When I type in the
password is says Fatal error or along those lines. I didnt change the
password I dont even know how this thing works or even what SQL is. I need
this fixed immediately. Thanks.

Richard

Re: BUG #5830: Cannot connect to the server

From
"Kevin Grittner"
Date:
"Richard Baratta" <one__eighty__two@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Cannot connect to--> Localhost-5432-with my username being
> postgres. I need this fixed immediately it is used for my
> business. When I type in the password is says Fatal error or along
> those lines.

We would need a bit more detail to be able to help.  Please read
this page and repost to a more appropriate list:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Guide_to_reporting_problems

pgsql-general seems likely to be a good choice.

-Kevin