BUG #5632: won't unistall properly

From
"Robert Koch"
Date:

Bug reference:      5632
Logged by:          Robert Koch
Email address:      Expendable@AEMail4u.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.4-1
Operating system:   Windows 2000 Pro
Details:

When installing, PostgreSQL fails to create an entry in Windows' Add/Remove
Programs feature.  One can remove the files and directories by hand, but the
System Registry features about a couple dozen entries for PostgreSQL, some
of which regedit.exe cannot remove.

A cleaner uninstall feature is necessary.

Similarly, the bundled versions of Apache and phpBB leave fingerprints in
the registry when being removed by hand, as necessitated by their absence
from the approved Add/Remove Programs method.

Re: BUG #5632: won't unistall properly

> When installing, PostgreSQL fails to create an entry in Windows' Add/Remove
> Programs feature.  One can remove the files and directories by hand, but the
> System Registry features about a couple dozen entries for PostgreSQL, some
> of which regedit.exe cannot remove.
>
> A cleaner uninstall feature is necessary.
>
> Similarly, the bundled versions of Apache and phpBB leave fingerprints in
> the registry when being removed by hand, as necessitated by their absence
> from the approved Add/Remove Programs method.

I know the Add/Remove Programs link gets created on XP;  in fact this is
the first reported failure we have heard about this.  Where did you get
the Postgres download from?