Postgresql Relations disappear

From
sergio dominguez
Date:
Hello, good morning!

I started to work with postgresql but i find that all the relations I create
disappear when I quit (\q) from the interactive terminal or after load a sql
file. I tried to find something about this bug but I haven't found anything
about that, I would really appreciate if you could tell me why this is
happening. I'm triying to load my database scheme from a sql file (psql -f
myscheme.sql mydb or, from interactive terminal: \i my_scheme.sql) but the
only thing I get is "No relations found.". I also tried installing several
versions of postgresql 8.1, 8.2, etc under Snow Leopard, ubuntu and debian
and every time I get the same answer: "No relations found".

--=20
Sergio Jhovanne Dom=EDnguez Gonz=E1lez
Mat. a0213100H
Maestr=EDa en Ciencias en Ingenier=EDa El=E9ctrica,
Divisi=F3n de Estudios de Posgrado, FIE, U.M.S.N.H.

Re: Postgresql Relations disappear

From
Euler Taveira de Oliveira
Date:
sergio dominguez escreveu:
> I started to work with postgresql but i find that all the relations I
> create disappear when I quit (\q)

This is not a bug. I bet your tables are loaded into a schema that is not in
the search_path.

--
  Euler Taveira de Oliveira
  http://www.timbira.com/

Re: Postgresql Relations disappear

Date:
sergio dominguez <dgsergio84@gmail.com> writes:
> I started to work with postgresql but i find that all the relations I create
> disappear when I quit (\q) from the interactive terminal or after load a sql
> file.

It's difficult to say for sure when you haven't showed us exactly what
you did, but one possibility is that you created the relations inside
a transaction and then forgot to commit the transaction before quitting.
Or perhaps you're creating them in a different database or different
schema than where you're subsequently looking.  Note that \d without
any parameter will only show relations that are in your current
search_path.

            regards, tom lane