BUG #5052: lost history

From
""
Date:

Bug reference:      5052
Logged by:
Email address:      wumarex@agh.edu.pl
PostgreSQL version: 8.4.1
Operating system:   Linux
Details:

When I will start simultaneously more than time psql program, it after the
outing is staying history of only this session which we left recently.

Re: BUG #5052: lost history

Date:
"" <wumarex@agh.edu.pl> writes:
> When I will start simultaneously more than time psql program, it after the
> outing is staying history of only this session which we left recently.

Yeah, that's libreadline's fault :-(.  You should complain to the
readline authors.

            regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #5052: lost history

Date:
Marek Wójtowicz <wumarex@agh.edu.pl> writes:
>> Yeah, that's libreadline's fault :-(.  You should complain to the
>> readline authors.

> bash using same version libreadline and dont't have this problem :-)

[ pokes around... ]  Hmm, it looks like bash is using append_history()
which has been added to readline since the 4.x days.  (It's there in
5.2; can't find any info about when it went in.)  Probably would be
worth adding a configure test so we can use this ...
        regards, tom lane

Re: BUG #5052: lost history

From
Marek Wójtowicz
Date:
Dnia niedziela, 13 września 2009, napisano:

--
 Marek Wójtowicz <wumarex@agh.edu.pl> http://galaxy.uci.agh.edu.pl/~wumarex/