Re: MD5 checksum or RPM for PostgreSQL 8.7.3

From
"Dafina.Abernathy"
Date:
To Whom It My Concern,

I  am a member of a small group using PostgreSQL has a data backend and
I writing to request and MD5 checksum for PostgreSQL 8.7.3.
If an MD5 is not available, I would appreciate the location of an RPM
for 8.7.3, if there is one available.
Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter.

--
Dafina A. Abernathy, Associate Software Programmer
General Dynamics Information Technology

Re: MD5 checksum or RPM for PostgreSQL 8.7.3

From
John R Pierce
Date:
Dafina.Abernathy wrote:
> To Whom It My Concern,
>
> I  am a member of a small group using PostgreSQL has a data backend
> and I writing to request and MD5 checksum for PostgreSQL 8.7.3.
> If an MD5 is not available, I would appreciate the location of an RPM
> for 8.7.3, if there is one available.
> Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter.

presumably, you mean postgres 8.3.7, as there is no 8.7.anything yet,
8.4 is still in beta.

http://yums.postgresql.org has RPMs for many platforms. you didn't
specify which.

Re: MD5 checksum or RPM for PostgreSQL 8.7.3

From
"Dafina.Abernathy"
Date:
Hello Mr. Pierce,

You are correct it is for version 8.3.7. for Redhat. My apologies for
the mix-up.
A member of the group has checked http://yums.postgresql.org  and was
unable to locate an RPM for Redhat.
If there is one available, I would be most appreciative if you provided
the link.
Thank you again for your assistance in this matter.

--
Dafina A. Abernathy, Associate Software Programmer
General Dynamics Information Technology
NOAA Coastal Data Development Center (NCDDC)
Stennis Space Center, Mississippi
228.688.2530 phone
dafina.abernathy@gdit.com
dafina.abernathy@noaa.gov

Re: MD5 checksum or RPM for PostgreSQL 8.7.3

From
Dave Page
Date:
On Fri, Apr 3, 2009 at 5:12 PM, Dafina.Abernathy
<Dafina.Abernathy@noaa.gov> wrote:
> Hello Mr. Pierce,
>
> You are correct it is for version 8.3.7. for Redhat. My apologies for the
> mix-up.
> A member of the group has checked http://yums.postgresql.org =A0and was u=
nable
> to locate an RPM for Redhat.
> If there is one available, I would be most appreciative if you provided t=
he
> link.
> Thank you again for your assistance in this matter.

The correct site is: http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/

--=20
Dave Page

Date:

oops, I meant, http://yum.pgsqlrpms.org/

Date:
Dafina.Abernathy wrote:
> Hello Mr. Pierce,
>
> You are correct it is for version 8.3.7. for Redhat. My apologies for
> the mix-up.
> A member of the group has checked http://yums.postgresql.org  and was
> unable to locate an RPM for Redhat.

"Redhat" describes a dozen versions of Linux and a half dozen or more
platforms.   The yum postgres project has RPMs for RHEL 4.x and 5.x, on
X86 and x86_64.

Re: MD5 checksum or RPM for PostgreSQL 8.7.3

From
Josh Berkus
Date:
Dafina,

> I am a member of a small group using PostgreSQL has a data backend and I
> writing to request and MD5 checksum for PostgreSQL 8.7.3.
> If an MD5 is not available, I would appreciate the location of an RPM
> for 8.7.3, if there is one available.
> Thank you very much for your assistance in this matter.

Um, there's no such thing as PostgreSQL 8.7.3.  The latest stable
version is *8.3.7*.  Was that the version you meant?

If that's the case, then everything you want is here:

http://www.postgresql.org/download/linux
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/source/v8.3.7/

--Josh Berkus

Re: MD5 checksum or RPM for PostgreSQL 8.7.3

From
"P. Scott Hill"
Date:
Sorry for the confusion and ambiguity of the request.  The files we are
requesting the MD5 checksum for are located here:
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.3.7/linux/rpms/redhat/rhel-4-i386/

Thanks!

P. Scott Hill
Software Engineer, Web Development Group
National Coastal Data Development Center
General Dynamics Information Technology
Stennis Space Center, MS 39529
(228) 688-3516 direct
(228) 688-2968 fax
P.Scott.Hill@noaa.gov

John R Pierce said the following on 4/3/2009 11:24 AM:
> Dafina.Abernathy wrote:
>> Hello Mr. Pierce,
>>
>> You are correct it is for version 8.3.7. for Redhat. My apologies for
>> the mix-up.
>> A member of the group has checked http://yums.postgresql.org  and was
>> unable to locate an RPM for Redhat.
>
> "Redhat" describes a dozen versions of Linux and a half dozen or more
> platforms.   The yum postgres project has RPMs for RHEL 4.x and 5.x,
> on X86 and x86_64.

Re: MD5 checksum or RPM for PostgreSQL 8.7.3

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
On Fri, 2009-04-03 at 11:31 -0500, P. Scott Hill wrote:
> Sorry for the confusion and ambiguity of the request.  The files we
> are
> requesting the MD5 checksum for are located here:
> http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/binary/v8.3.7/linux/rpms/redhat/rhel-4-i386/

I'm not that much willing to push MD5's anymore, since all RPMs are
*signed* and one can check integrity with those signatures.

Anyway, I added md5sums, which will appear in main FTP site in a few
hours.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ, RHCE
devrim~gunduz.org, devrim~PostgreSQL.org, devrim.gunduz~linux.org.tr                  http://www.gunduz.org