Server not listening

From
D Galen
Date:
I've spent a week trying to get PostgreSQL 8.3 to install correctly on
WIN2K.  Server will load & I see the server processes loaded but none of
them have any open ports.  I keep getting the message  the server isn't
listening.  Server set up to connect to default port 5432 on localhost
but doesn't appear to be opening the port when it loads.

   Any help would be welcome.
Thanks,

                 Dennis

Re: Server not listening

From
"Kevin Grittner"
Date:
>>> D Galen <degalen@comcast.net> wrote:
> Server will load & I see the server processes loaded but none of
> them have any open ports.

Please show us your listen_addresses line from postgresql.conf.

Are you trying to connect to localhost, 127.0.0.1, or some other IP
address?

If W2K supports it, show us the results of: netstat -plnt
otherwise pick out the LISTEN lines from: netstat -an

-Kevin