Internal Error on 'vacuum full'

From
"Zubkovsky, Sergey"
Date:
Hi,

=20

After dropping some tables in my PG 8.3 DB I tried to execute 'vacuum
full' command and got the error:

=20

ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size 4294967280

SQL state: XX000

=20

Up to now the error has not reproduced once again.

=20

=20

select version();

"PostgreSQL 8.3.0, compiled by Visual C++ build 1400"

=20

---

=20

Sergey Zubkovsky

Re: Internal Error on 'vacuum full'

From
"Pavan Deolasee"
Date:
On Wed, Feb 27, 2008 at 6:01 PM, Zubkovsky, Sergey
<Sergey.Zubkovsky@transas.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>

> After dropping some tables in my PG 8.3 DB I tried to execute 'vacuum full'
> command and got the error:
>

> ERROR: invalid memory alloc request size 4294967280

Hopefully this is already fixed.

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2008-02/msg00101.php

The symptoms look the same. Dropping the tables would have deleted several
rows in the pg_class table and subsequent vacuuming of the table may trigger
the bug.

Thanks,
Pavan

--