BUG #3981: Can not Install PostgreSQL - error at the end of installation

From
"Miroslav Nachev"
Date:

Bug reference:      3981
Logged by:          Miroslav Nachev
Email address:      miro@space-comm.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.3, 8.2
Operating system:   Windows Vista Ultimate
installation
Details:

I try many times to install PostgreSQL 8.3 and older versions on my new
mobile computer Acer AS7720G-933G64Bn with installed Windows Vista Ultimate
OS. Unfortunately it is not possible. In the beginning I have one error.
After User Account Control (UAC) disabling the error is changed to "Failed
to create temporary directory." on "Initializing database cluster (...)...".
I can apply the  log file of installation if you tell me how and where?

Can you give me some idea how to solve that problem?

Re: BUG #3981: Can not Install PostgreSQL - error at the end of installation

From
"Matthias Mohr"
Date:
Hi Miroslav,

> I try many times to install PostgreSQL 8.3 and older versions on my new
> mobile computer Acer AS7720G-933G64Bn with installed Windows Vista Ultimate
> OS. Unfortunately it is not possible. In the beginning I have one error.
> After User Account Control (UAC) disabling the error is changed to
> "Failed to create temporary directory."
I also have this problem on one computer with Windows XP SP2.
But only with 8.3; 8.2 installation works perfectly.
I could not find any reason- the logfile does not tell what's really going wrong...
(and the only thing which the error dialog says was "an error occured" - nothing else)

I solved it by not initializing the database (I did it afterwards by hand).

Sorry, if this is not very helpful for you - but that was the only thing I could do on that computer for running 8.3

with regards,
Matthias

Re: BUG #3981: Can not Install PostgreSQL - error at the end of installation

From
Miroslav Nachev
Date:
Is there any script for manually initializing or installing. Something
like BAT file? If BAT file works this is better than GUI Setup which
doesn't works.

Miro.