BUG #3966: problem with implicit cast array parameter

From
"Pawel Kasperek"
Date:

Bug reference:      3966
Logged by:          Pawel Kasperek
Email address:      pcasper@wp.pl
PostgreSQL version: 8.3
Operating system:   openSuse 10.3
Details:

In PostgreSQL 8.2 I can call function: test_func(p1 text[]) as "PERFORM
test_func(ARRAY[0,1])". The server could be implicit cast array of integer
elements to array  of text. In PostgreSQL 8.3 I have error: function
test_func(integer[]) does not exist. For me problem is missed implicit
casting elements of array to text type.

Re: BUG #3966: problem with implicit cast array parameter

Date:
"Pawel Kasperek" <pcasper@wp.pl> writes:
> In PostgreSQL 8.2 I can call function: test_func(p1 text[]) as "PERFORM
> test_func(ARRAY[0,1])". The server could be implicit cast array of integer
> elements to array  of text. In PostgreSQL 8.3 I have error: function
> test_func(integer[]) does not exist. For me problem is missed implicit
> casting elements of array to text type.

This is not a bug, it's an intentional change; see the 8.3 release
notes.

            regards, tom lane