BUG #3961: ecpg lacks SQLSTATE macro definition

From
"Christoph Dalitz"
Date:

Bug reference:      3961
Logged by:          Christoph Dalitz
Email address:      christoph.dalitz@hs-niederrhein.de
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.6
Operating system:   Linux
Details:

While ecpg defines the (deprecated) SQLCODE, it does not define the macro
SQLSTATE, even though the documentation say, that this latter macro should
be used and which values it can take.

Please add a macro definition

#define SQLSTATE        sqlca.sqlstate

in ecpglib.h like for SQLSTATE to be compatible with the SQL standard.

Thanks,

Christoph

Re: BUG #3961: ecpg lacks SQLSTATE macro definition

From
Michael Meskes
Date:
Hallo Christoph,

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 11:09:11AM +0000, Christoph Dalitz wrote:

Thanks for reporting this oversight. I added the definition to CVS, also
for 8.2.

Michael
--
Michael Meskes
Go VfL Borussia! Go SF 49ers! Use Debian GNU/Linux! Use PostgreSQL!

Re: BUG #3961: ecpg lacks SQLSTATE macro definition

Date:
Michael Meskes <meskes@postgresql.org> writes:
> Hallo Christoph,
> On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 11:09:11AM +0000, Christoph Dalitz wrote:

> Thanks for reporting this oversight. I added the definition to CVS, also
> for 8.2.

Michael, we branched 8.3 yesterday, so you need a third commit if you
don't want people to see a regression from 8.2.7 to 8.3.x.

            regards, tom lane

Date:
On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 11:13:53AM -0500, Tom Lane wrote:
> Michael, we branched 8.3 yesterday, so you need a third commit if you
> don't want people to see a regression from 8.2.7 to 8.3.x.

Thanks for the note, just committed to 8.3 branch as well.

Michael