BUG #3895: Access denied

From
"Arjan Bolmer"
Date:

Bug reference:      3895
Logged by:          Arjan Bolmer
Email address:      Arjanbolmer@hotmail.com
PostgreSQL version: 8.2.6
Operating system:   Vista
Details:

I tried installing Postgres 8.2.6, everything went fine but then all of a
sudden i got the message "Acces Denied Cannot create user 'postgres'".

Is there any way i can solve this or has this been fixed in another
version?
I have to use postgres for school so any way or another i have to make it
work.

Re: BUG #3895: Access denied

From
"Dave Page"
> I tried installing Postgres 8.2.6, everything went fine but then all of a
> sudden i got the message "Acces Denied Cannot create user 'postgres'".
>
> Is there any way i can solve this or has this been fixed in another
> version?
> I have to use postgres for school so any way or another i have to make it
> work.

With 8.2, you will need to disable User Account Control (UAC) in Vista
before installing, and then re-enable it afterwards. Alternatively,
use 8.3RC2 (which should be 8.3.0 in a week or so) which is capable or
working around (or with, depending on how you look at it) UAC.

Regards, Dave