BUG #3643: problems downloading from mirrors

From
"Lori"
Date:

Bug reference:      3643
Logged by:          Lori
Email address:      lldavis@vcu.edu
PostgreSQL version: 8.1.6
Operating system:   Windows XP Pro
Details:

I have been trying to download this version of your database software, but
there are no mirrors that work.  I have tried everywhere from Canada to the
UK to the US, and either the file cannot be found or the mirror 'can't
change directories'.  Could you help me with this?

Re: BUG #3643: problems downloading from mirrors

From
"Kevin Grittner"
Date:
>>> On Fri, Sep 28, 2007 at  1:29 PM, in message
<200709281829.l8SITK61064094@wwwmaster.postgresql.org>, "Lori"
<lldavis@vcu.edu> wrote:=20
=20
> PostgreSQL version: 8.1.6
=20
> I have been trying to download this version of your database software, but
> there are no mirrors that work.
=20
That's probably because it contains bugs which have been fixed with
subsequent drop-in compatible bug-fix versions.  The current one is 8.1.10.
If you want an older version, in order to investigate old bugs or
something, you will probably need to check out the source code from CVS,
using the appropriate release tag.
=20
By the way, only being able to find newer versions with bug fixes
doesn't constitute a bug.
=20
-Kevin
=20