BUG #2798: Obsolete tiemzone data included

From
"Daniel Baldoni"
Date:

Bug reference:      2798
Logged by:          Daniel Baldoni
Email address:      pgsql@lcds.com.au
PostgreSQL version: 8.2rc
Operating system:   Any
Details:

G'day folks,

This may not qualify as a "bug", but the timezone data included with the
8.2rc tarballs is out of date.  Will the (at-the-time-of-release) "current"
version be included with the 8.2 production version?

Ciao.

PS: Yes, I realise keeping timezone data up-to-date is
    an ongoing battle.

Re: BUG #2798: Obsolete tiemzone data included

> This may not qualify as a "bug", but the timezone data included with the
> 8.2rc tarballs is out of date.  Will the (at-the-time-of-release) "current"
> version be included with the 8.2 production version?
>
> Ciao.
>
> PS: Yes, I realise keeping timezone data up-to-date is
>     an ongoing battle.

Post-rc1 we upgraded it again:

    date: 2006/11/28 19:37:03;  author: tgl;  state: Exp;  lines: +18 -8
    Update timezone data to tzdata2006p zic distribution.  It seems Western
    Australia decided to institute DST with one month's notice ... way to
    go, politicians.

We do not guarantee that we will always ship the most recent timezone
database version, however.

--
  Bruce Momjian   bruce@momjian.us

Re: BUG #2798: Obsolete tiemzone data included

From
"Heikki Linnakangas"
> This may not qualify as a "bug", but the timezone data included with the
> 8.2rc tarballs is out of date.  Will the (at-the-time-of-release) "current"
> version be included with the 8.2 production version?

The  CVS head has been updated to the latest "tzdata2006p" version of
the timezone data, so it should be fixed in the next RC.

--
   Heikki Linnakangas