error starting service on win2k platform

From
"Parang Saraf"
Date:
Hey,
I am trying to install the Postgreql 8.1.3 on the windows 2k platform. While
installing I am getting the following error :
"Your local 'Power Users' group contains 'Authenticated Users' ".  This
Error has been previously discussed in the mailing list. (
http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2004-09/msg00218.php )

I could not find how to remove the "NT AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users" from
the "Power Users" local group.

Please help me with this error.

Thanks and Regards
Parang Saraf
4th yr Undergraduate Student
Indian Institute of Technology, Kharagpur, India

Re: error starting service on win2k platform

From
"Magnus Hagander"
Date:
> Hey,
> I am trying to install the Postgreql 8.1.3 on the windows 2k=20
> platform. While installing I am getting the following error :
> "Your local 'Power Users' group contains 'Authenticated=20
> Users' ".  This Error has been previously discussed in the=20
> mailing list. (=20
> http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2004-09/msg00218.php
>  <http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2004-09/msg00218.php>  )=20
>=20
> I could not find how to remove the "NT=20
> AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users" from the "Power Users" local group.=20
>=20
> Please help me with this error.

Just use whatever tool you'd normally use to edit your users, for
example the Local Users and Groups mmc snapin.

//Magnus

Re: error starting service on win2k platform

From
John R Pierce
Date:
Magnus Hagander wrote:
>>Hey,
>>I am trying to install the Postgreql 8.1.3 on the windows 2k
>>platform. While installing I am getting the following error :
>>"Your local 'Power Users' group contains 'Authenticated
>>Users' ".  This Error has been previously discussed in the
>>mailing list. (
>>http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2004-09/msg00218.php
>> <http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-bugs/2004-09/msg00218.php>  )
>>
>>I could not find how to remove the "NT
>>AUTHORITY\Authenticated Users" from the "Power Users" local group.
>>
>>Please help me with this error.
>

> Just use whatever tool you'd normally use to edit your users, for
> example the Local Users and Groups mmc snapin.

Whats probably confusing things is, Win2000 has a completely different
and semi-brain damanged 'simplified' Users tool in the control panel.
If you go to the Advanced tab, then click the Advanced button, it takes
you to the full featured Local Users and Groups tool, which is the MMC
snapin you mention.     This same snapin is also available via
Administration Tools -> Computer Management, or right click My Computer,
Manage...

Re: error starting service on win2k platform

From
"Parang Saraf"
Date:
yups now i got it..